The thought of mixing patterns terrifies some and brings absolute HORROR into the hearts of many, thus the reason for this blog post! If you have trouble putting a basic outfit together then you probably tend to stray away from this trend, but I have a few tips to calm your angst!
1. For my beginners: Mix patterns within the same color palette. Black and white are typically the easiest to manipulate. These colors are clean and classy, and shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
Keeping it classy, clean and chic with black and white.
2. Just as you would with with any outfit in general, try to make sure your patterns are distributed evenly. Don't over do patterns on the top. Try to spread the patterns out evenly over the top and bottom.
3. When you mix patterns be sure to go easy on the accecories.
4. Variations of stripes and checkers/squares for the most part will go with any pattern.
5. If you mix patterns and are unsatisfied with the final result, try throwing on a solid colored blazer/sweater within the same color palette to pull the look completely together. Luv the way she tied the red in the graphic tee with the red in the plaid skirt!
6. The same pattern in different colors or sizes is an easy way to spice up your outfit. Plaid in different colors. LUV!!
6. Last but certainly not least, try it on and see if it works for you. Sometimes you just have to throw the rules out the window and do you!
These are some of the basics. Happy MIXING Rackers!